right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What do I do if I'm being predicted too low for uni?

randomuser1234567890randomuser1234567890 7 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
Hi, my dream school is imperial or UCL in London, im currently an American student in the IB programme, I want to go into Meng at either but looking at the website what my teachers are predicted me as is too low for their admissions. the reason is bc Math HL and Physics HL are not offered in our program (not even AP physics is offered here its a title 1 school) I have a 36 on the ACT and an 800 in physics and math2 sat subject test, my teachers are predicting me at 3-4 for the HL tests bc no one in my school has ever taken them before and their not gonna "predict me any higher" since they don't know anything about it. what do I do? I heard if u are predicted too low u don't get an offer, would my subject tests be enough? I know when I take the IB tests I can score high its just a matter of taking them but they won't come until June and im worried it will be too late by then

any advice helps, thanks!
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What do I do if I'm being predicted too low for uni?

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 41319 replies445 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 41,764 Senior Member
    Take the subject tests in math2 and physics and score as close to 800 as possible.
    Have the teacher filling out the recommendations on Ucas specify the reason for the predicted results in Math HL and Physics HL.

If your school is a Title I school, might you be lower income?
    Because there is no financial aid at UK schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • Conformist1688Conformist1688 1074 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,099 Senior Member
    There are two issues.

Slightly lower grades may be OK as there is some leniency for overseas students as they bring the university more money. (You understand you will be full pay at higher international rates, I presume?)

But not being able to take the courses at all would mean you would likely be lacking in essential background for the course which would be a serious concern.
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 41319 replies445 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 41,764 Senior Member
    Your GC could issue a range, for example if they think you should be able to get a 4 and if lucky a 7, they could have 34-40.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity