right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

What are my chances to get into Oxford?

NeoAnderson23NeoAnderson23 8 replies6 threads New Member
I applied to Magdalen College for Mathematics (G100) at the University of Oxford in October.
I received skype interview invites from Magdalen and St.Peter's last week. I gave 1 interview with Magdalen and 2 with St.Peter's. The former went pretty well except I made few silly mistakes with the questions given, and with the latter, in one interview i struggled to solve a very simple question and in the second interview, I did pretty well.
I am an indian citizen doing the IBDP (HL Math,Physics,Chemistry,Economics). I got the highest possible cumulative GPA in 9th and 10th grade.
I got 39/42 in 11th grade finals and probably have a predicted score of 41/42 out of 45.
I gave the MAT on 30 October this year and I'm expecting 70+ out of 100.
What are my chances to get accepted to Oxford?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What are my chances to get into Oxford?

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 8376 replies91 threads Senior Member
    There is absolutely nobody on CC who can tell you that. Sorry! you just have to wait for January...
    · Reply · Share
  • Oxford1997Oxford1997 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Statistically speaking, if you got 70+ on the MAT then you have around a 65% chance of getting in during a typical year. But it is hard to assess your own performance on the MAT, and the boundary fluctuates year by year. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity