right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Cambridge as an american

VinnnnsVinnnns 2 replies5 threadsRegistered User New Member
Hello I am a freshman at a high school in Kansas. What can I do through high school to increase my odds off going to Cambridge?
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Cambridge as an american

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 6597 replies54 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    First know that Cambridge is resistant to US students, b/c so many who get offers end up staying in the US. They will have to believe that you are either so irresistible or absolutely certain to come that it is worth making an offer.

You can read the requirements for your subject online- just keep in mind that those are the minimums.

After that, it's about pursuing your area of interest (aka, what you want to study) to the greatest extent possible.
    · Reply · Share
  • PublisherPublisher 7783 replies80 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Probably easier to attend Cambridge for a masters degree than for an undergraduate degree.
    · Reply · Share
  • Twoin18Twoin18 1529 replies17 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Personally I would advise my kids to apply to Oxford rather than Cambridge for undergrad (even though I went to Cambridge). They like Americans more and it’s cheaper (by about 5000 pounds per year for most subjects).
    · Reply · Share
  • Conformist1688Conformist1688 1118 replies25 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Be outstanding academically.
    Your interests may change during HS, but atm what subject are you interested in studying?
    · Reply · Share
  • VinnnnsVinnnns 2 replies5 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I’m thinking of studying physics through natural sciences or environmental engineering or math
    · Reply · Share
  • Conformist1688Conformist1688 1118 replies25 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    In that case you want to get as far in STEM subjects as you can in HS - as many at AP level as possible, aiming at getting scores of 5 in the exams.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 6597 replies54 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    and if math, some of the recognized achievements (such as UAMAO, AIME).
    · Reply · Share