Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Calc III Scheduling, Need Help!

PACrimsonPACrimson Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited May 2012 in University of Alabama
Hi All,

Yesterday at Bama Bound I signed up for Calc III in the 12:00-12:50 time slot (CRN: 44566). Last night I was attempting to switch to the other Calc III course during the same time slot because I had heard that I would work better with that professor. However, after dropping the first Calc III course, the system is not letting me register for either Calc III class and says I do not have the required prerequisites. My AP scores (which UA has not received yet) will place me out of both Calc I and Calc II, and I had no trouble registering for this class earlier today. What can be done to get me back into my class? I emailed [email protected] about my issue, but I feel like that may not get the job done.

Thanks in Advance for any advice.
Post edited by PACrimson on

Replies to: Calc III Scheduling, Need Help!

• mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 83,661 Forum Champion
    You might also try emailing the advisor for your major. What is your major?
  • PACrimsonPACrimson Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm majoring in Chemical Engineering, and thanks for the advise I'll be sure to send her an email.
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 83,661 Forum Champion
    Be sure to include your CWID and mention that incoming frosh who've taken the AP tests can assume that they've passed for registering.
  • PACrimsonPACrimson Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    For anyone with a similar issue, it was easily taken care of by calling the math department and simply asking for an override. The number for the math department is 205.348.5071
  • JTownatpJTownatp Registered User Posts: 152 Junior Member
    I went through the same thing today and was about the post this. I don't understand why it let me sign up yesterday and not 3 hours later gave me an error when I tried to switch. The math department was great in getting it straight though!
This discussion has been closed.