Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Scholarship application

XCjunior2016XCjunior2016 Registered User Posts: 564 Member
What does this look like? Are there essays to write? Thanks.

Replies to: Scholarship application

• aeromomaeromom Registered User Posts: 2,709 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    You will not be able to apply for scholarships until you are admitted to UA. I don't believe there are essays (or if there are, they are very short paragraphs - maybe 1 or 2?, but I may be confusing that with the Honors College application), but be aware that UA's scholarships are AUTOMATIC if you meet the qualifications/requirements/deadlines - they are not competitive, so if you meet the criteria, you get the scholarship.
  • aeromomaeromom Registered User Posts: 2,709 Senior Member
    Two key corrections to my post, above -
    1) you will have access to your scholarship application once you have your mybama log in, which occurs shortly after you send in your admissions application. I just looked - there are 4 or 5 boxes where you have (limited) space to write about your activities, extra-curriculars, and so forth, and anything else you want the scholarship committee to know.
    2) there are automatic scholarships (non-competitive), and then there are competitive scholarships, such as the ones outlined in the additional scholarship application - these additional scholarships may require additional essays or paperwork, or auditions, etc., depending on which ones you are applying for.
    Let us know if you have other questions. Sorry to confuse anyone.
This discussion has been closed.