Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Laurie Beechman Caberet

MichaelNKatMichaelNKat Registered User Posts: 4,298 Senior Member
edited September 2008 in University of the Arts MT
My wife and I had the opportunity last night to attend a reception and performance in the newly renovated Laurie Beechman Cabaret located on the first floor of the UArts' Arts Bank building which also houses one of UArts' main stages. For those who are unaware, Laurie Beechman was an acclaimed musical theater and vocal performance artist from Philadelphia who, to the great loss of not only her family but the theater community, passed away in 1998. Through the generosity of her family, the cabaret has been totally renovated and turned into a beautiful, warm, intimate state of the art performance space. It will be used regularly by UArts students for a broad variety of performance opportunities ranging from musical theatre revues and cabaret nights to instrumental performances, spoken word performances and even comedy nights.

The inaugural performance last night was the opening of "Soiree Parisienne", a musical revue running through September 21, featuring Claudia Beechman, a renowned chanteuse (and sister of Laurie Beechman) along with Jamison Foreman, Brad Greer, Kristen Norine and Janet Rowley, 4 UArts MT seniors. The performance was simply wonderful. It was particularly exciting to observe the artistic excellence, poise and professionalism of the seniors whose performance was a testimonial not only to their own superb talent but also to the quality of the education and training they have received at UArts. Any one of them would shine on the professional stage.

What a way to start off the new school year.
Post edited by MichaelNKat on

Replies to: Laurie Beechman Caberet

• AZKMomAZKMom Registered User Posts: 362 Junior Member
    My son mentioned that he would be attending this. I can't wait to hear from him about it. Thank you, Michael, for not only using this forum to promote UArts but also keeping us "far away" UArts parents in the loop!! I just got out my program from last season's performance of "Into The Woods" and found that all 4 of the senior performers in the revue were in the cast of ITW last year.
This discussion has been closed.