right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

What's the maximum units we can enroll per semester?

noodleslinoodlesli 398 replies200 threads Member
What's the maximum units we can enroll per semester? is it 20 or 21?
edited November 2011
10 replies
Post edited by noodlesli on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What's the maximum units we can enroll per semester?

• clueless2400clueless2400 436 replies41 threads Member
    why would u take THAT many units? that's nuts.
    · Reply · Share
  • noodleslinoodlesli 398 replies200 threads Member
    Well I just want to enroll one more course as a back up since 2 of my classes are on the waitlist.
    · Reply · Share
  • LeftistHominidLeftistHominid 3541 replies265 threads Senior Member

In certain situations you can get it extended. One semester I got my major advisor to extend mine during phase 2 so I could waitlist some stuff, but now they have those weird phase 2 restrictions on how you can add/waitlist classes.
    · Reply · Share
  • BioE25BioE25 35 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I usually take 40-50 units / semester, depending on the amount of shawties I want to bone in 15 weeks.
    · Reply · Share
  • clueless2400clueless2400 436 replies41 threads Member
    Oh okay, i see. that's a good idea.
    · Reply · Share
  • meakamemeakame 614 replies25 threads Member
    L&S, 20.5. Other colleges - not so sure. I'm in CoC and the max is 19.5, but I petitioned for 20 this sem, and it got approved...
    · Reply · Share
  • UpMagicUpMagic 1434 replies1 threads Senior Member
    It is technically limited to 20.5, but you can petition and always almost get it approved. Essentially, there is no maximum cap.
    · Reply · Share
  • mickjaggermickjagger 949 replies99 threads Senior Member
    Is this the soft limit? As in, if I'm enrolled in 20 units, can I add one more 4 unit class?
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 83364 replies741 threads Senior Member
    It may not be wise to load up on that many units of lab or term project courses.

But a lot of units of non-lab non-project courses may well be doable.

("lab" includes computer programming, art or architecture studio, music or theater performance, and similar time hogs as well as the labs associated with science or engineering courses)
    · Reply · Share
  • meakamemeakame 614 replies25 threads Member
    I think the hard limit for telebears is 23. You can enroll in that many units despite your college's maximum... unless someone checks. Which, in L&S, is rare. I have a friend who did that.

If you want to exceed the hard limit you'll need to get your department (if you're declared) to manually adjust it for you, which they can do in 30 seconds.

Edit: the hard limit might be a function of your actual limit. This semester I requested 20 units (I'm in CoC) but I was registered for 24 units at one point, which the abovementioned friend was unable to do for some reason.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity