Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

UCB Financial Aid (specific question)

MisterB7KMisterB7K Registered User Posts: 344 Member
I am not too experience with financial aid and was wondering if the following is correct for my current UCB financial status. I feel like if I do decide to go to UCB, I will have to take out like $20k in loans... the amount is so ridiculous for my current family income :(! I am considering to ask them to re-evaluate my financial aid package again, but I want to see if it's necessary since I am not sure if this is the most UCB can give out to any students or if there are any possible errors :(.
My financial information:
My EFC is 0.
Only one of my parent works (my dad makes around $23k a year)
My total household size is 5 (including myself).
My brother and I will be attending college next Fall (he is going for his master @ a cal state)

My Gift Aid $21,940.00
My Net Cost $9,646.00
Parents Shares $0.00
Students Loan And Work $8,000.00 ($3300 in work study & rest in loans)
Total Resources to Meet My Net Costs $8,000.00 ($3300 in work study & rest in loans)

If you need more information, please feel free to ask if you need more information before answering.
Thanks a bunch in advance!
Post edited by MisterB7K on

Replies to: UCB Financial Aid (specific question)

• MisterB7KMisterB7K Registered User Posts: 344 Member
    Any help would be awesome <3!
  • UC123caliUC123cali Registered User Posts: 205 Junior Member
    thats exactly how much i got, my parents icome were ~ 20k a year

and so i think that is the max that they give out....i really dont think its that much, considering the fact tat your parents only have to pay 6k a year....which is very possible, im just speaking for myself, im not sure about your situation...plus, i would work over the summer to save up some money
    Thanks for the response UC123cali :D! Anyone else with similar situation?

So I guess, I need to start saving up then since that might be their max :( ! Are you planning on dorming 123cali? It looks so costly :( !
  • Oscarg1Oscarg1 Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    I got the same amount. Now I'm just trying to win some scholarships because my family is in a tight spot financially.
    Ah 2 confirmations of their max :( ! Already applying to a few scholarships so far... hope I get some financial assistance from them :) !
This discussion has been closed.