Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Berkeley off-campus cost

noodleslinoodlesli Registered User Posts: 598 Member
How much is the average cost of a single room off-campus at Berkeley? Is it something around $900-1000?
Post edited by noodlesli on

Replies to: Berkeley off-campus cost

• MisterB7KMisterB7K Registered User Posts: 344 Member
    I am wondering to same too... I hope it'll be A LOT cheaper than the resident hall. As much as I would love to live there, the money might not allow that to happen :( !
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 62,988 Senior Member
    The Berkeley Student Co-op is $3,411 per semester for fall 2010 and spring 2011, or $853 per month for room and board. However, new members are unlikely to get single rooms in the co-op houses, and are less likely to get the smaller (nicer, cleaner) houses.

There are also the student/faculty/staff-only Cal Rentals listings.
  • arduouspallorarduouspallor Registered User Posts: 1,106 Senior Member
    Fyi, a studio or one bedroom apartment that is relatively near campus can be $1300-1600/mo. Co-ops are cheaper but room selection is based on a point system, so you may end up in your least favorite choice.
  • excelblueexcelblue Registered User Posts: 1,840 Senior Member
    For $900-$1100/mo, you can get yourself a run-down studio somewhat far from campus on southside. Nicer ones are $1300/mo+.

On northside, the nice ones run about $900-$1100/mo, but there aren't many run-down buildings on northside.

As for my situation: I'm paying $870/mo for a really large single room in a 2bd/1ba apartment that I'm sharing.
This discussion has been closed.