Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal in Sacramento/ Cal in the Capital

dmoneybagsdmoneybags Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
What is the application process for cal in Sacramento and the cal in the capital? Is there an interview process for it? When can I apply and what is the process for being chosen? How difficult is it to be chosen?

Replies to: Cal in Sacramento/ Cal in the Capital

• dmoneybagsdmoneybags Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    Any answers would be helpful!
  • elitepwnageelitepwnage Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    Well the application period begins in August and ends at the end of November. There's no interview process. It's a holistic review, which means the admissions committee looks at all aspects, including academics, extra-curricular, essays, etc. As far as how difficult it is to be chosen, no one can say. The acceptance rate for all UCs usually is above 20% or around that, so it is selective. The best advice I can give you is to work hard and be yourself in your essays. Start early and finish strong. Pay attention to dates and deadlines!

Here's a helpful link: http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/dates-deadlines/

Do some research, you'll find a lot of useful information.
  • dmoneybagsdmoneybags Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    @elitepwnage‌ thank you for the response but I have already been accepted into Cal and will be starting in the Fall. I had questions about the Cal in the Capital program and Cal in Sacramento program which are available to Cal students to apply to.
  • elitepwnageelitepwnage Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    @dmoneybags - Congrats! LOL, my bad I thought you were going to apply this fall.
This discussion has been closed.