Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC Berkeley sucks

13»

Replies to: UC Berkeley sucks

• fleetfeet2016fleetfeet2016 Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    edited October 2015
    I understand, but it's more than just the Clac barrier. It's the student body, climate, grade deflation and attitude of the administration that I ultimately don't like much. I hoped that the school would be a close knit community where the faculty and staff worked for students, but instead it seems like people have adopted a sink or swim attitude.

All I can say is that I made a huge mistake choosing the public university when I knew I should have tried for a small private school that focused on community and a unified mission.

I totally screwed up with the "fit" aspect of college selection. And maybe I'll apply to transfer Fall 2016, but I've already taken out loans at UCI that make it hard for me to justify the cost of another two years of school. It just really sucks.

To all upcoming freshman reading this thread -- pick your school based on fit. To make sure you won't get stuck in the situation I was stuck in, make sure you apply to schools that meet 100% need and nothing less. If you like the large public research university atmosphere then make sure you really know what you're getting yourself into before you SIR.

I was hoping for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3W-PxO2xps

But I really got this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJEqZqwJvzc

Know the difference.
13»
This discussion has been closed.