Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College of Chem

1whatsmyname11whatsmyname1 Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
This question has probably been asked several times before, BUT:
If you're applying to the college of chem for berkeley, how much harder is it to get accepted (than applying . as a different major)?

Is the admission now selective as an ivy league school?

Replies to: College of Chem

• 1whatsmyname11whatsmyname1 Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 71,616 Senior Member
  • UpMagicUpMagic Registered User Posts: 1,408 Senior Member
    If you were thinking about applying to L&S b/c it seems like there's higher chance of getting accepted followed by petitioning into CoC, I highly do not recommend it.

Rather than making a decision based on acceptance rate for each college, you will have a higher chance by applying to the college that sounds more interesting to you. I don't think anyone is really on the bubble that the applicant is good enough for L&S while not good enough for CoC and such; it's either you're in or not.

If chem is your interest, then I'll assure you it's much better to apply to CoC in the first place - you will just have better time writing your essay as it's easier to express your interest why you want to be in CoC.
This discussion has been closed.