Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC Application, Additional Comments Sections

Paradoxical1Paradoxical1 Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
Hi CC,

I'm currently wrapping up my UC apps and there appears to be two additional comments sections, one in the Academic History portion of the application (550 character limit) and one in the Personal Statement portion of the application (550 WORD limit). If I want to describe a change of pace resulting in a dip in my grades, where would I talk about this? I originally had it in the Academic History Additional Comments until I came to the Personal Statement portion and found that they offer another additional comments section.

Thanks in advance!

Replies to: UC Application, Additional Comments Sections

• itick17itick17 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    If you want to describe the change of pace in detail, then you should use the additional comments in the personal statement portion. However, you could also keep it in the Academic History Section and use the one in the personal statement section to highlight something else you want to share!
  • Paradoxical1Paradoxical1 Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    @itick17‌ I see, but if I talk about a certain topic in the Academic history section in brief, could I elaborate on it in the personal statment section or would that be redundant?
  • itick17itick17 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    It might be a bit redundant in my opinion. If i were you I would just write about it in the personal statement section. Hope that helps!
  • excanuck99excanuck99 Registered User Posts: 378 Member
    Include it in one place. Repeating it won't make any difference.
This discussion has been closed.