Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Taking a UC transferable course at a communtiy college

therealkobetherealkobe Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
Hi, I will be attending UCB in the fall and am currently taking some UC transferable courses at a local CC to knock out a pre-req and a breadth course. I wanted to know if UCB will factor in the grades I receive for these classes into my GPA?

Replies to: Taking a UC transferable course at a communtiy college

• briank82briank82 Registered User Posts: 1,116 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I have a feeling you start with a clean slate once you physically start classes at UCB.

I have no concrete knowledge of what they do (and someone who knows for sure will be along shortly to tell you exactly what they will do), but I wouldn't see them factoring in CCC grades to your UCB grades.
  • therealkobetherealkobe Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    Yeah, it wouldn't make sense if they did since CC classes are significantly less rigorous than their UCB equivalents. I've been getting conflicting answers. Anyone else?
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 71,609 Senior Member
    Grades from transferred courses from non-UC schools are not used in calculating GPA at Berkeley. However, if you plan to apply to medical or law school, all grades from all college courses will be used in calculating GPA for those purposes.
  • therealkobetherealkobe Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    Thanks! I'm assuming Haas would not consider those grades either?
  • briank82briank82 Registered User Posts: 1,116 Senior Member
    In your UC GPA, no.

They're only going to consider classes you actually took at UCB into your GPA.
This discussion has been closed.