right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UC "f" requirement

zeppelinszeppelins 120 replies16 threads Junior Member
I took an art course online to satisfy my art requirement, but apparently no UC school accepts this. Does this mean I cannot apply?
edited September 2015
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UC "f" requirement

• StevenToCollegeStevenToCollege 826 replies6 threads Member
    @zeppelins

Where did you take this online course?
    If you took it at one of the California Community Colleges, it should be fine.
    · Reply · Share
  • zeppelinszeppelins 120 replies16 threads Junior Member
    @StevenToCollege I took it through an online service provider. I live in FL
    · Reply · Share
  • StevenToCollegeStevenToCollege 826 replies6 threads Member
    @zeppelins

Perhaps you can try to call Berkeley to see if the course will fulfill the requirement.

F) Visual and performing arts

UC-approved high school courses

One yearlong course of visual and performing arts chosen from the following: dance, drama/theater, music or visual art

AP or IB Examination

Score of 3, 4 or 5 on the AP History of Art, Studio Art or Music Theory Exam;
    score of 5, 6 or 7 on any one IB HL exam in Dance, Film, Music, Theatre Arts or Visual Arts

College courses

Grade of C or better in any transferable course of 3 semester (4 quarter) units that clearly falls within one of four visual/performing arts disciplines: dance, drama/theater, music or visual art
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30323 replies393 threads Forum Champion
    edited September 2015
    How do you know that a UC will not accept this class? Have you contacted UC admissions already?

You can use the doorways link and type in the on-line school to see if it is UC approved.

https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist#/list/search/all
    edited September 2015
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity