Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC "f" requirement

zeppelinszeppelins Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
I took an art course online to satisfy my art requirement, but apparently no UC school accepts this. Does this mean I cannot apply?

Replies to: UC "f" requirement

• StevenToCollegeStevenToCollege Registered User Posts: 774 Member
    @zeppelins

Where did you take this online course?
    If you took it at one of the California Community Colleges, it should be fine.
  • zeppelinszeppelins Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    @StevenToCollege I took it through an online service provider. I live in FL
  • StevenToCollegeStevenToCollege Registered User Posts: 774 Member
    @zeppelins

Perhaps you can try to call Berkeley to see if the course will fulfill the requirement.

F) Visual and performing arts

UC-approved high school courses

One yearlong course of visual and performing arts chosen from the following: dance, drama/theater, music or visual art

AP or IB Examination

Score of 3, 4 or 5 on the AP History of Art, Studio Art or Music Theory Exam;
    score of 5, 6 or 7 on any one IB HL exam in Dance, Film, Music, Theatre Arts or Visual Arts

College courses

Grade of C or better in any transferable course of 3 semester (4 quarter) units that clearly falls within one of four visual/performing arts disciplines: dance, drama/theater, music or visual art
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 21,895 Forum Champion
    edited September 2015
    How do you know that a UC will not accept this class? Have you contacted UC admissions already?

You can use the doorways link and type in the on-line school to see if it is UC approved.

https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist#/list/search/all
This discussion has been closed.