Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Can I drop my major after I get admitted into Haas Business School?

qmalikqmalik Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
Hi everyone,

So I'm currently a senior in high school. I'm applying to UC Berkeley this year. If I do get accepted into Berkeley, I'm planning to apply to the Haas business school later on. The thing is, I was wondering if I should put undecided as my major or select computer science instead (that's my second choice).

However, if I were to be admitted into Haas, I would want to drop my computer science major and pursue business administration instead. (I know you can double major, but I preferably don't want to. Computer science is just my second choice.)

Is it possible to drop my computer science major after I get accepted into Haas?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Replies to: Can I drop my major after I get admitted into Haas Business School?

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 64,356 Senior Member
    If you enter L&S as a frosh, you will enter undeclared.

You will not be able to declare the L&S CS major until you complete the prerequisites with a high enough GPA (currently 3.3).
  • qmalikqmalik Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    @ucbalumnus Thanks for letting me know! I never knew that since Computer Science is listed as an available major on the UC app. (The business administration major is off limits, I can't even select it).
This discussion has been closed.