Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do I take another SAT I if my ACT score is better?

AshingtonDCAshingtonDC Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
Hi guys. Cal is my dream school so that's why I'm worried about test scores. I noticed that they require you to submit every SAT you've taken if you submit SAT I or SAT II Subject Test scores. I'm planning on taking Math II and Physics later, but here is my score history for now:

SAT I:
1410 (720 R/W, 690 M)
ACT:
32 (35W, 32M, 32R, 29S)
35 (36W, 34M, 35R, 36S)

Obviously my ACT scores are better, but if I am submitting an SAT Subject Test then Cal will also see my SAT I. I am scheduled to take another SAT I on May 6th. I am not very good at taking the SAT. I think I will do slightly better, but probably not as good as my ACT score. Do I proceed with the second attempt or do I cancel the attempt? Thanks for any input.

*I am an OOS Junior interested in studying Computer Science. I will also be applying to UCLA and UCSD in the UC system.

Replies to: Do I take another SAT I if my ACT score is better?

• ANormalSeniorGuyANormalSeniorGuy Registered User Posts: 335 Member
    I think your ACT is fine. I think your SAT II is different than your SAT 1, in that submitting one does not show the other. I submitted my SAT II's and my ACT and it was fine
  • theloniusmonktheloniusmonk Registered User Posts: 2,212 Senior Member
    no need to take the sat again, they're going to think you're too test focused, a 35 is excellent, focus on the sat 2s.
This discussion has been closed.