right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

How does taking classes abroad work? Is there a large variety of classes that I can take?

vallgallvallgall 40 replies51 threads Junior Member
I'm a sophomore majoring in civil engineering and intending to minor in data science. I'm hoping to study abroad in Asia or Europe next summer, but I'm not sure what classes I can take that would transfer for my major or minor requirements. Also, I'm not sure if the classes that I take abroad are chosen for me or if I'm able to choose my own classes?

Right now I'm enrolled in Physics 7B for next semester but I'm not sure if I should save it to possibly take abroad. Would many schools abroad offer Physics 7B? Other classes that I would want be interested in taking next summer would be Engineering 7, Civ Eng C30, CS 88 or 61A equivalent, or an upper div stats course like Stat 134/140. Would it be difficult to find equivalents for these classes?

I tried looking on the UC EAP website but couldn't find answers, so sorry for all these questions! Thank you to anyone who reads this and responds!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How does taking classes abroad work? Is there a large variety of classes that I can take?