right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Letters of Recommendation

kaaehchankaaehchan 23 replies20 threads Junior Member
So I received a request to submit two letters of recommendation. I was beginning the process of adding my two recommenders, but I ended up coming away with a few questions.

The fields are labeled as:
Prefix
First Name
Last Name
Organization
Position/Title
Relationship
Telephone
Email

1. Is "Organization" my high school?

2. If my first recommender is my AP Literature and Composition teacher, what would I put for Position/Title and Relationship?

3. If my second recommender is my AP Calculus AB teacher, what would I put for Position/Title and Relationship?

Position/Title and Relationship feel like they have overlap, so I would end up putting the same thing for both fields...so...yeah...
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Letters of Recommendation

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30314 replies391 threads Forum Champion
    Organization is High School

Position/Title would be AP Lit or AP Calculus Teacher.
    · Reply · Share
  • kaaehchankaaehchan 23 replies20 threads Junior Member
    @Gumbymom Would I put the same thing for "Position/Title" and "Relationship"?

Also, when putting in the telephone number: do I put their individual extensions after the school's number?
    · Reply · Share
  • kaaehchankaaehchan 23 replies20 threads Junior Member
    @Gumbymom I just looked up my AP Lit teacher on my school's website and it said that his "Job Title/Position" was "Teacher." So I guess that's what I'm putting for "Title/Position," and "AP Literature and Composition Teacher" for "Relationship."

To clarify my previous inquiry about the telephone number: do I put their personal phone number or their phone number within the school? If it's the latter, do I put their extension after the school's number?
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30314 replies391 threads Forum Champion
    I would use their school telephone # and extension. I am sure they would not want to be contacted on their personal phone #’s.
    · Reply · Share