right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

One more chance me since I know everything that went on my application

cjd114cjd114 59 replies5 threads Junior Member
Instate
Applied undeclared to L&S
UC GPA uncapped and Capped Weighted: 4.29
UC GPA Unweighted: 3.96

Weighted Courses:
Fresh: no aps or honors (and fresh gpa of 2.95)
Soph: no aps or honors --explained why in essays
Junior: APUSH, AP2D, AP Art History, English honors,
Senior: AP Stats, AP Lit, AP Micro, AP Gov,

Test Scores:
SAT I: 1480
730 Math
750 Reading
APUSH (5) AP2D (4) AP Lang (2) -took lang for no reason honestly, didnt even take the course.

ECs and all that stuff:

Lacrosse for high school and 2 club teams
-captain on 1 club team since sophomore year
-captain on high school team since Junior year (elected)
-Fresh soph junior senior

Lacrosse coach for local youth team
-about a hundred hours volunteered
-soph junior senior

Writing Club
-officer
-junior

Ping pong club
-organized events and was treasurer
-junior senior

Worked for city aquatics division as life guard
-over 700 hours worked in total
-soph junior senior

Data analysis at local university
-junior senior

Piano
-since 6th grade

rock climbing
-since 8th grade

CSF
-dont know why i put this since everyone has this
-junior senior

Had my own lacrosse stick stringing and repair business
-fresh soph junior senior

AWARDS:

Invited to showcase (only top 80 in class can attend on the west coast)

All league honorable mention for Lacrosse

Life guard of the year at my work

Essays:

1st one is about becoming captain and leading a team through rough year even when people are quitting because of the lack of talent

2nd one is about my struggles with ADD and how I overcame it to use it to my advantage, also explaining why I had lack luster grades in freshman year (wasnt diagnosed till sophomore year) and why I couldnt take weighted courses in sophomore year

3rd one is about my mom's diagnosis of cancer and how I used her motivation to thrive on, to become a better person and work harder in my life.

4th one is about how I began creating communities on Minecraft and how that led to me creating communities within my town.

Weakness: My gpa compared to others in my school. I'm not top 10% rather I'm top 15% and I know that plays a role in admissions.

No LOR requests

3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: One more chance me since I know everything that went on my application