right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance Me Berkeley College of Chemistry Class of 2024

zdd0803zdd0803 2 replies2 threads New Member
SAT: 1440 (ik, this is my main point of anxiety) Reading and Writing: 760, Math: 680

GPA: 4.56 (weighted), 3.89 (unweighted), 4.3 (capped UC GPA)

SAT II: Math II: 740, Molecular Biology: 740, World History: 800

APs: Sophomore year: AP World History (5); Junior year: AP Biology (4), AP Physics 1 (lol), AP Calculus AB (4), AP English Language (5); Senior year: AP Chemistry, AP Physics 2, AP English Literature and AP Calculus BC

State of Residency: Massachusetts (public high school)

Race and Gender: White Male

ECs: pretty strong, including formal scientific research in a Berkeley lab and two working jobs.

Essays: 8-9/10, I think they were pretty good but I am not fully sure.

For Berkeley, I applied into the Chemical Biology major in the College of Chemistry.

Thanks!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance Me Berkeley College of Chemistry Class of 2024

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30314 replies391 threads Forum Champion
    edited January 16
    1) Can you and your family afford UCB as a full pay student at $65K/year to attend?

You are within range academically for UCB but you should consider it a Reach school due to low acceptance rate.

2018 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above capped weighted and not major specific:
    UCB: 37%

2019 UC capped weighted GPA averages along with 25th-75th percentile range:
    UCB: 4.23 (4.15-4.30)

2019 Data:
    25th - 75th percentiles for SAT totals:
    UCB: 1340-1540

I think you have a better than the 37% chance as posted.

Best of luck.
    edited January 16
    · Reply · Share