right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance a nervous senior for UCB?

bruh420bruh420 10 replies1 threads New Member
Major : Mechanical Engineering

Academic stats:

UC Unweighted GPA: 4.0
Fully Weighted GPA: 4.53
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.77
Eligibility in Local Context?: Yes

Comments about course load (including senior year): 6 APs out of 7 classes total senior year, Cannot take AP classes until junior year at my school, Loaded up with honors & accelerated classes where APs weren't available.
SAT (total and sections): N/A
ACT (total and sections): 36 (35 Math, 36 Reading, 36 Grammar, 36 Science)
SAT Subject Tests (if any): 800 - Math II, 700 - Physics
AP exams (scores in parentheses): APUSH(5), Lang(4), Lit(Planned), Physics C(Planned), Calculus AB(Planned), Spanish Lang(Planned), Macroeconomics(Planned), Biology(Planned)
IB exams (score in parentheses): N/A
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Eagle Scout

Subjective:

For the following, indicate level of recognition or award (e.g. local, state, national, international) and/or leadership roles:
Extracurriculars: Mock Trial Club Captain, Model UN delegate, , 3 years Student Government, 3 years Varsity Track & Field, 6 years playing Tenor Sax
Job/Work Experience: Courtesy Clerk @ Local Supermarket
Volunteer/Community service: 200+ hours tutoring underprivileged and special needs students
Summer Activities: N/A

Essays :
- Discovering a love for engineering at a young age & fostering that love as I grew up
- Experiences tutoring special ed children in low-income areas, specifically in math/science
- Overcoming PTSD from the Gilroy Garlic Festival Shooting
- Learning to adapt after half of my school's campus burned down in a wildfire

Demographics

State (if domestic applicant): In-State
High school type: Small, religious, competitive private school

Applied for financial aid?: No
Highest level of parent education: Bachelor's Degree
Living with both, one, or no parents?: Both

Reflection

Strengths: Essays + Stats
Weaknesses: ECs related specifically to my major (Like robotics), Nationally-recognized ECs
Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Essays + Stats (Especially in comparison to other engineering majors from my school)
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected:
Accepted: Cal Poly SLO, UCSB (Regents), UCD (Regents), UCSD (Regents)
Waitlisted: N/A
Rejected: N/A

Waiting: UC Berkeley
2 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance a nervous senior for UCB?