right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

"Competitive environment"?

ucbalumnusucbalumnus 82721 replies738 threads Senior Member
In other forum sections, UCB seems to have a (negative) reputation for a "competitive environment".

Question for current students or BA/BS graduates from the last few years: how competitive is the environment generally, outside of explicitly competitive setups (e.g. pre-med, pre-undergraduate-business)?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: "Competitive environment"?

• penguin2penguin2 204 replies5 threads Junior Member
    @kiwibot You've dispelled so many of my fears with that post! I just want to say thank you, I'll be entering next year much less scared.
    · Reply · Share
  • Walter924Walter924 235 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Ahh kiwibot. That's nice.
    I still like my premed prebusiness. But I've been talking about it for an hour and a half all over this site. So I'm not going to here. Kiwibot's got this and I'm skewed towards thinking Berkeley is easier than everyone keeps saying, but I probably don't represent the majority.
    Been wondering how long ago ucbalumnus went to school.
    Also, have you considered getting Facebook and then following Overheard and Missed Connections. It's like all the sweet funny parts about Berkeley.
    This contributed nothing to this conversation.
    · Reply · Share