right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

How good is berkeley cs?

c00lcoolc00lcool 3 replies3 threads New Member
Does anyone know how prestigious Cal EECS is? Are there good job opportunities in silicon valley? Is Berkeley cs reputable? Are there good opportunities after?
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How good is berkeley cs?

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus 82767 replies738 threads Senior Member
    edited March 29
    In terms of post-graduation outcomes, see https://career.berkeley.edu/survey/survey (you can filter by major), although past results may not necessarily reflect future year outcomes if economic and industry conditions are different.
    edited March 29
    · Reply · Share
  • ExpeditedExpedited 36 replies1 threads Junior Member
    it's great. you'll get your ass whooped and you'll get plenty of opportunities for high paying jobs
    · Reply · Share
  • privatebankerprivatebanker 6641 replies148 threads Senior Member
    How good is Tom Brady?
    · Reply · Share
  • bluebayoubluebayou 27891 replies196 threads Senior Member
    Does anyone know how prestigious Cal EECS is?

Extremely.
    Are there good job opportunities in silicon valley?

Numerous

Is Berkeley cs reputable? Are there good opportunities after?

Yes, and yes. (Note CS is not a direct admit.)

Instate or out of state?

fwiw: Berkeley EECS is one of the few UC programs that I believe is worth OOS prices.
    · Reply · Share
  • MWolfMWolf 2394 replies14 threads Senior Member
    c00lcool wrote: »
    Does anyone know how prestigious Cal EECS is? Are there good job opportunities in silicon valley? Is Berkeley cs reputable? Are there good opportunities after?

Dude, you live in the Bay area. How can you NOT know that Berkeley CS is one of the very best and most prestigious programs in the world?

What grade are you in?
    · Reply · Share
  • shmu61shmu61 21 replies1 threads Junior Member
    edited April 8
    I have an anecdote for you. My brother was an EECS major at Berkeley, and in conversation with a Columbia (yep the ivy league school in New York) CS grad who was about the same age, the latter admitted that my brother was FAR ahead in terms of computer knowledge and skills.

So yes, Berkeley EECS is that good.
    edited April 8
    · Reply · Share
  • MWolfMWolf 2394 replies14 threads Senior Member
    shmu61 wrote: »
    I have an anecdote for you. My brother was an EECS major at Berkeley, and in conversation with a Columbia (yep the ivy league school in New York) CS grad who was about the same age, the latter admitted that my brother was FAR ahead in terms of computer knowledge and skills.

So yes, Berkeley EECS is that good.

The only Ivy that I would put in the same category as UCLA in CS is Cornell.
    · Reply · Share