Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Double Majoring?

roboticsgirlroboticsgirl Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
I am a Cal '12 applicant thinking about double majoring (simultaneous degrees in Cal lingo). My main major will be Mechanical Engineering and I'm thinking about doubling in either Applied Math or Physics.

By the time I graduate high school (woot for community college...), I'll have completed all the required lower division math courses. I have also satisfied the R&C, Quantitative Reasoning, Foreign Language requirements. I am on track to complete 4 courses out of the 7 course breadth (may do more if I to go to Berkeley). I also have a few AP credits under my belt, but I might not use some of them to get ahead (such as in physics/comp sci).

My question is: is double majoring, in my circumstances, feasible? I'm worried about the engineering workload and the general availability of classes at Cal.

Replies to: Double Majoring?

• jscgjscg Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    The only snag curricular you might run into would be the L&S major requiring several breadth classes that Engineering doesn't make you do. I know that's the problem with double majoring in Chemistry.
This discussion has been closed.