Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Maintenance will occur on the site beginning at 10:00 am PT tomorrow morning. While it is very unlikely, this may result in intermittent down time. Thank you in advance for your understanding!

Did anybody recieve any acceptance letters from UC Berkeley already?

2»

Replies to: Did anybody recieve any acceptance letters from UC Berkeley already?

• kyledavid80kyledavid80 Registered User Posts: 8,093 Senior Member
    I heard a rumor that sometimes they allow exceptions where if you convince them, get straight A's senior year, and write an appeal letter, they will accept you around June. Anyone else heard of this?

It's called an appeal, and Berkeley requires new/significant/compelling information (or important info that wasn't presented on the app). You'll have to write a letter, etc. Only about 10% of those who appeal actually get it. Here's the UCLA info on it (basically the same for Berkeley):

UCLA Undergrad Admissions: Appeals - Freshman Applicants
  • yayitsjaneyayitsjane Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    WHAT?! Can you seriously call in and know if you are admitted or rejected before they post the decisions online??!?!?!?
  • dmissiondmission Registered User Posts: 1,365 Senior Member
    The real question is... did you rejected friend get email #3?
    Haha...
  • mvseniormvsenior Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    what email ur friend got?
  • MoreThanWordsMoreThanWords Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    OMG, my friend got ADMITTED today at 6 pm. TODAY 3/26/08
    Unbelievable. I have to ask him if he got an e-mail (it doesn't matter, though).

----
    EDIT: It's because he participated in this Intercollegiate Program for High School Students at CAL during summer and they called them notifying them of their admissions status. My friend who's a Berkeley scholar did not get a call yet, but she said 3 got notified so far of acceptance and 1 or 2 rejections. She said she'll check hers tomorrow.
  • hewhothrowshewhothrows Registered User Posts: 620 Member
    wow cant you people wait one day?
  • sarah786sarah786 Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
    morethanwords, what is the intercollegiate program, did u mean precollegiate program maybe?
  • MoreThanWordsMoreThanWords Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    Oh yes. Sorry for the typo.
    Haha I edited my post like thrice now.

One more day!
  • nbui3nbui3 Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
    wow you guys better not lag the server in 15 hours from now...berkeley's server that is....
2»
This discussion has been closed.