Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Dual major and different colleges?

andr0128andr0128 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 62 Junior Member
Is it possible to dual major at Berkeley? Even if it is possible, I want to dual major in biochemistry and chemical engineering, but they are offered at different colleges. Will this pose a problem?
Post edited by andr0128 on

Replies to: Dual major and different colleges?

• calculatorlovercalculatorlover Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    i know you can dual major in different colleges...because i talked to an advisor about majoring in the college of natural resources and l&s and he said it was perfectly fine...but i think you have to fill out different forms for each college
  • jbtheeunknownjbtheeunknown Registered User Posts: 797 Member
    doing a double major in different colleges is called a simultaneous degree. you have to satisfy every requirement for both colleges i believe, but you will finish with two degrees. double majoring within the same college however only earns you one degree.
  • LeftistHominidLeftistHominid Registered User Posts: 3,803 Senior Member
    double majors get one piece of paper that says their college and both of their majors.
    simult. degree'ers get two pieces of paper, one with one major and college, one with another.
This discussion has been closed.