right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

For all those MCBs out there

Unknown4everUnknown4ever 161 replies69 threads Junior Member
does the degree we get from Berkeley say that we majored in Molecular and cellular biology or will it say the emphasis that we choose in MCB. For example, in I major in MCB and do a emphasis in biochem, will it say biochem anywhere on the degree I get?
edited December 2009
2 replies
Post edited by Unknown4ever on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: For all those MCBs out there

• YellowCocoPuffsYellowCocoPuffs 63 replies72 threads Junior Member
    I just know that for MCB, you get a B.A., not a B.S., which I find strange.
    · Reply · Share
  • LeftistHominidLeftistHominid 3541 replies265 threads Senior Member
    ^That's not really strange. None of the science majors in L&S get B.S.s.

L&S majors only make up about 50-55 units. The B.S. majors in CoE, CoC, CNR, and Haas make up ~100/+ units.

To the OP's question, I have read that your degree will just say MCB on it, but your transcript will show your track. I don't remember where I read that though.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity