right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Arts + Sciences Workload

NihongoyoNihongoyo 1724 replies530 threads Senior Member
Hey to all!

New for Fall '10-transfer student (stop judging :P)

Anyways, I'm wondering what kind of a workload I should expect when I start in the fall, along with everybody else? I'm not in Haas or engineering or sciences, but a language program.

I've heard classes can be so hard that you have almost no time to socialize-I'm hoping it's not thaaat bad! lol

Can anybody attest to this or tell me how it's been for them!?! Thanks!
edited June 2010
3 replies
Post edited by Nihongoyo on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Arts + Sciences Workload

• janethedoejanethedoe - 2655 replies33 threads Senior Member
    i would like to know the answer to this question too....also..how many units are language courses? 5 or 4....i could easily look in the catalog to answer my own question but its nice to hear it from a student.
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbcalstudentucbcalstudent 19 replies2 threads New Member
    Language classes are 5 units (at least all of the ones in my language).

I am wondering about this question too because I am also a new transfer student!
    Except in Computer Science.
    · Reply · Share
  • jonnosferatujonnosferatu 573 replies29 threads Member
    It's not that bad, no. You'll probably have to budget your time a little more rigorously than you would if you planned to stay shut in most of the time, but there's a decent chance you'll be fine.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity