Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCD or UCLA?

alyle1alyle1 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
Hey guys! I recently got accepted to both UCD and UCLA. I don't know which to pick. My major is undecided and money isn't an issue. Could you guys list pros and cons for both universities to help me make an informed decision?
Post edited by alyle1 on

Replies to: UCD or UCLA?

• MYOMOOMYOMOO Registered User Posts: 440 Member
    What is your stats. Just envy........:(:(:(
  • SaysWhoSaysWho Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Lol, your major plays a big role in the decision.I guess if you're going into any bio/med, you should hit Davis, but LA also has a good program there. UCLA is an all around great school, and so is Davis. But UCLA outranks Davis in many categories when compared. I got rejected by LA but I got accepted into UCD and UCSB, and I'm thinking about choosing Davis over SB. Lots of factors play for me, like the location. I live in SF which is about an hour away from Davis so it's more convenient for me, also I'm majoring in Civil Engineering and I really like Davis's Campus. Good luck to you and I hope you go to where you need to go!
  • alyle1alyle1 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    @Myomoo, 1960, 4.2 GPA
    For me. Both Rejected. 2020 SAT 3.5 GPA Internation HS. Cal Recident
  • PhantomVirgoPhantomVirgo Registered User Posts: 1,088 Senior Member
    @MYOMOO Did you get in anywhere else?

To the topic, if you're undecided go with whichever one you can picture yourself at more. I personally was accepted here and rejected at UCLA, but I prefer the Davis campus anyway so it isn't a huge loss for me.
  • alyle1alyle1 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    @PhantomVirgo what specifically about Davis drew you in?
    Only RPI so far... Davis waitlisted.. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • PhantomVirgoPhantomVirgo Registered User Posts: 1,088 Senior Member
    I loved the feel of the campus, especially the bikes. I don't know what exactly it was that drew me in. There was a sort of click when I first visited the campus, and I knew that if I got in that I would be going there. Sorry, but I can't explain it much more than that.

That said, I definitely need to practice my biking before the fall. ;)

Edit: MYOMOO, what's your intended major? I'm sure you'll be fine, no matter what school you attend. :)
This discussion has been closed.