Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCSC vs. UC Davis. Which should I choose?

SeazerSeazer Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
I applied into biomedical engineering at UC Davis and got waitlisted. I also got accepted into bioengineering at UC Santa Cruz. If I am lucky enough to get accepted via the waitlist, should I go to UC Davis?

UC Davis is a reach school for me. It was the toughest school to get into of the ones I applied for. I'm afraid that if I do get into UC Davis, I will not be very successful because it will be too tough for me to do well. I'm pretty smart, but I'm definitely no genius, and like I said Davis was the toughest school I applied to.

How much more difficult will it be to succeed at Davis than it would be at Santa Cruz? If I wont be successful at Davis, it definitely would not have been worth it if i would have succeeded at Santa Cruz.

Opinions?
Post edited by Seazer on

Replies to: UCSC vs. UC Davis. Which should I choose?

• upmostmacupmostmac Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I definitely suggest Davis. Course difficulty as you mention will not be that much different whether you attend santa cruz or Davis.
  • VentureManVentureMan Registered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    You answered it yourself. IMHO, you should select UCSC.

College should be fun in addition to enlightening.
  • anothercollegemomanothercollegemom Registered User Posts: 205 Junior Member
    Honestly, if you are a reasonably good student you will be fine at either school.

Environment plays hugely toward having a happy (and successful) 4-year-life-experience. The significant differences? Things like:

UCSC is a much, much more beautiful campus. (In terms of natural surroundings. Stunning.)
    UCD has a TON of school spirit. Aggie-pride runs hard and is pretty infectious.

You need to spend a little time on each campus. Each has a distinct feel and I'm pretty sure once you go there for visit (student day or a tour), you'll know which one is more your style.

Best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.