Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What to bring to dorm?

hilow321hilow321 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I am going to live in the Webster building in Cuarto this year.

I am wondering what is provided in the dorm and which of the following items do I need.

Microwave
Refrigerator
Hair Dryer
Water Dispenser
Post edited by hilow321 on

Replies to: What to bring to dorm?

• sopranokittysopranokitty Registered User Posts: 1,506 Senior Member
    Coordinate with your roommate and suitemates on who should bring the microwave/fridge.

You do not need to bring a water dispenser--there is a Hydration Station in the main Webster lounge.

Good luck living in Webster! I lived in room 102 last year as a transfer student and had a blast there. :)

This is what your room will generally look like: [url]http://i49.****.com/291oqj8.jpg[/url] (the actual arrangement of the furniture in your room may be different. If you're in the B room, your room will be a bit bigger than this. I lived in the A room)

There are two outlets for you to plug in your Ethernet cable located either under your bed or desk, or under your roommate's bed or desk. A wastebasket is also provided, along with 2 S-shaped hooks for hanging towels or your backpack on your bedpost (there is a hole in the bedposts meant for the hooks to be inserted into).

In the bathroom, you are initially provided two rolls of toilet paper, but for the rest, you have to go to the Area Service Desk. There is also a wastebasket provided by the sink area and by the toilet (the toilet and bathtub is separated from the sink area. Oh, if you're in the B room, you and your roommate have a sink to yourselves). There is also a closet/pantry.

You can bring a hairdryer if you want. I did.

[url]http://i47.****.com/aviob9.jpg[/url] This is what your common area would generally look like. Again, actual furniture arrangement may be different.
  • aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 9,220 Senior Member
    There is a list in the housing packet given at orientation of what to bring and what not to bring. You may want to check that.
This discussion has been closed.