Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

How many people with bikes wear helmets at Davis?

sharontsharont Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Just curious. I'm an incoming freshman.
Post edited by sharont on

Replies to: How many people with bikes wear helmets at Davis?

• LostCoastLostCoast Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    From walking around campus with my daughter last Spring on Decision Day, I'd say that only a fairly small fraction of bicyclists wear helmets. We were both pretty surprised at how few we saw.
  • evencycleevencycle Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Not enough. Everyone, you're investing a lot of time and money in that head of yours. Don't be stupid, protect it!
  • JeSuisJeSuis Registered User Posts: 1,930 Senior Member
    Definitely not very many. I know I don't. I mean, the chance of ever getting in a bike accident in your four years at UC Davis is pretty slim. Maybe 1%. And if it happens, the chance of it being even remotely possible for you to seriously injure your head is probably another 1% chance. Especially considering most people on campus are going relatively slow and have virtually no chance of being hit by a car. Also, it's inconvenient to carry a helmet with you all day. When biking off-campus, a helmet is probably a good idea. But if you want to wear a helmet on campus no one will care; most people probably won't even notice.
  • mytime09mytime09 Registered User Posts: 487 Member
    Most people don't wear helmets. I know only a handful of people who wear them when biking.
  • wwlinkwwlink Registered User Posts: 995 Member
    I guess you guys don't buy lottery tickets.
  • kingoftheringkingofthering Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    My parents made me after I had that incident with a car during spring quarter. So I wear it when I have a bag to stash it in.
This discussion has been closed.