right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Registered to UCD - Double Major in NPB and Music?

HarveyC510HarveyC510 12 replies14 threads New Member
Hi everyone. So I officially registered to go to UCD as an NPB major which I am really excited for.

The thing is, it is a true passion of mine to study music, and it is something of mine that I want to continue throughout college and in my life, so I want to major in music as well.

Does anyone know if majoring in NPB and Music is even possible? And if it is, do you think the average student can succeed in this if they work hard?
edited March 2013
1 replies
Post edited by HarveyC510 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Registered to UCD - Double Major in NPB and Music?

• JeSuisJeSuis 1846 replies84 threads Senior Member
    You won't have a single class that overlaps, so your major requirements will take up about 180 units. Then you have general education requirements, but your majors will cover quite a bit of those. You would likely have to overload some quarters, take summer classes, or take a fifth year. It's doable, but if I were you I'd minor in music. Or, if you're premed (or pre-anything) you could major in music and do the prereqs on the side.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity