right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Textbook Costs

keving14keving14 2 replies2 threads New Member
About how much do people spend on textbooks each quarter?
edited August 2013
2 replies
Post edited by keving14 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Textbook Costs

• PhantomVirgoPhantomVirgo 1051 replies37 threads Senior Member
    It depends on your major and the specific classes.

I was actually just totaling how much I spent last year. It came out to $630 for the entire year, so average $210 a quarter. Keep in mind though, around $370 of that was for materials for a series -- foreign language (German) and calculus, specifically. So while I paid more upfront for the first quarter of those classes, it left me with fewer books to buy in later quarters due to me continuing a series I already had materials for.
    · Reply · Share
  • keving14keving14 2 replies2 threads New Member
    ok, thank you!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity