right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance me? CSUs and UCs

nmg7215nmg7215 60 replies3 threads Junior Member
I am applying as an Animal Science major at Cal Poly SLO and UC Davis. These are my top two schools, and I know that this major is very popular at both these schools, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what my standings are.

Ethnicity: Hispanic
In State (Bay Area)
UW GPA: 3.9
CSU/UC GPA: 3.96
ACT: 29
SAT: did not take
SAT Subject: literature (690)
APs: US History, Biology (currently in)
EC's: Currently work at Palo Alto Zoo, feeding, medicating, and training animals. I worked at Oakland Zoo over the summer and taught kids about animals (54 hours), I volunteered at a bird sanctuary my sophomore and junior years on as many weekends as I could and during the summers, I have 50 hours of service for my school, I was on the Head Board of a Committee for a Breast Cancer fundraiser this year (leadership), I have shadowed at Adobe Animal hospital my freshman through junior years, i participated in JV softball and JV basketball until I became injured after my sophomore year, and participated in club basketball from 8-10 grade. My paid work experience is working as a summer camp counselor.
School clubs: National Honors Society, California Scholarship Federation (I am a TA), and photography club.

Please let me know if I should add anything else. Thank you!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me? CSUs and UCs

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity