Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC Davis Sophomore Transfer

happykid26happykid26 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Hi I'm a CA resident college freshman that goes to an OOS school now and I wanted to transfer to UC Davis next year because the OOS school is becoming very tough for us financially and health issues that make me want to be closer to home. My HS GPA is kind of low (3.2), my SAT is 2140, and my first semester of college GPA is a 4.0. I'm applying for nutritional science. What are my chances?

Replies to: UC Davis Sophomore Transfer

  • luvskatluvskat Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    You can't transfer to UC Davis as a sophomore.
  • dianeuh96dianeuh96 Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    You can transfer as a sophomore but your chances of getting in are really slim. I have a friend who transferred as a sophomore and when he saw his academic advisor, they told him he’d have to stay a 3rd year at UCD since he transferred so early and needed some GEs done before graduating. It’s doable but it depends on admissions.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 24,302 Forum Champion
    edited March 28
    @luvskat: UCD does accept Sophomore level transfers for only a few majors so you would need to contact UCD if there are any spots available to transfer that early. If you are already at a CC, might as well finish your GE’s for a lower cost and then transfer as a Junior. UCD does have TAG so if you meet the course and GPA requirements, you are guaranteed a spot as a Junior level Transfer.

    Transferring Before Reaching Junior Status
    If you plan to apply before earning junior-level status (90 transferable quarter units or 60 transferable semester units) you may apply to the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences in non-selective majors (see a list of selective majors). The College of Letters and Science, the College of Engineering and the College of Biological Sciences accept applications from junior-level transfers only.

    Selective Majors:
    all majors in the College of Engineering
    all majors in the College of Biological Sciences
    the following majors in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences:
    Viticulture and Enology
    The following majors in the College of Letters and Science:
    Computer Science
Sign In or Register to comment.