Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC DAVIS FALL 2018 TRANSFER WAITLIST

OhWhatsHerNameOhWhatsHerName Registered User Posts: 815 Member
The freshmen have a post but I thought I’d make one for us too.

Does anyone know the earliest we would hear? Is it really June 30th?

Replies to: UC DAVIS FALL 2018 TRANSFER WAITLIST

• brandie123brandie123 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I was waitlisted, as well! They gave an example in the FAQ's. One of the question's asks when will you hear about your admission decision, and if you get an offer June 6, you'll have until a certain date to accept or deny your offer.
  • PanduhrPanduhr Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    You should have a week to SIR after being accepted. Results should be released after June 1st, but could start a few days afterwards.
  • californiacccaliforniacc Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    Waitlisted for Neurobiology. 3.94 GPA but missing 1 pre req. Hoping for the best!
  • OhWhatsHerNameOhWhatsHerName Registered User Posts: 815 Member
    @californiacc they’re unforgiving with prereqs. Are you taking the class over the summer?
    I was pretty surprised about that @OhWhatsHerName! I mapped out the classes I would take after I transfer and I wouldn't have any issue with completing classes even without that prereq. And I am interning at the NIH over the summer so unfortunately, I can't take the class then
    @californiacc congrats on the internship! A better use of your time.

I only ask because I’m thinking about making up my missing prereqs but I’m not sure if that’s worth my time. Like you I’ll have no issues taking them at Davis.
    @OhWhatsHerName Thanks! Do you have any idea of what kind of chances we have for getting off the waitlist if we are missing prereqs? And whats your major?
    @californiacc there’s no good data on waitlists or how they choose. I think it is random based on major. I’m sociology. One year they accepted 75% of the waitlist. One year they selected 8. I wish I knew more.

I’m sociology which isn’t very popular at Davis thankfully.
  • broyosirbroyosir Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    my GPA is 3.1, i got waitlisted as an economics major. do i have a great chance? thx!!!
    @bryosir The GPA range of those that were accepted for managerial econ at UC Davis in 2017 was 3.31-3.76 but don't give up hope!

Does anybody know if we are still considered for Regents if we were waitlisted?
    @californiacc I don’t think they give Regents to waitlisted people but I’m not 100%. I only know Regents stuff from other CC threads.

@broyosir there’s such limited information about how they admit it’s hard to say. It’s by major and I think it’s mostly random, but who knows if they’re taking any Econ majors this year. Or anyone for that matter.
    This info was regarding the freshman waitlist, but it may apply to the transfer waitlist as well but:
    The waitlist is not random. They take everyone on the waitlist, and rank them by major, and by a variety of factors, GPA, extracurriculars, etc. If there is an open spot available in their major, they'll send out an acceptance for those at the top of the list, and if they decline, then they keep going down the list.
    @Panduhr oh, that’s good to hear for me! Thank you.
    @OhWhatsHerName Oh, I'm glad! Good luck!
  • RaymondAlvaradoHRaymondAlvaradoH Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    Has anyone heard back yet ?