right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Need Advice on Nursing Path at UC Davis

california3456california3456 2 replies9 threads New Member
So I am an incoming freshman at UC Davis. I have wanted to study medicine and become an orthopedic surgeon since seventh grade due to my interest in it. However, this summer I have came to the conclusion that it is not a profession for me. I can not see myself taking 12+ years to become a orthopedic surgeon because it has been my dream and then not enjoy what I am doing for the rest of my life. So now I am leaning more towards becoming a CRNA or NP. The problem with this is that UC Davis does not have a nursing program for a BSN and most CRNA or NP programs in the state require that. So should I just continue pursuing my biochemistry degree at UC Davis and then go to an accelerated BSN program after or is that a waste of time? Also it would be very much appreciated if you guys could give me other alternative paths that I could take such as transferring and when to do it. Thank you in advance.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Need Advice on Nursing Path at UC Davis

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30516 replies417 threads Forum Champion
    1) The fastest way to get to your goal, would to take the Nursing school pre-req's either at UC Davis or preferably a community college if finances are an issue and then apply to a Nursing school as a transfer after 2 years.

2) Another option is to take a Gap Year, apply to the direct admit Nursing programs and start as a Freshman next year.

3) If you are still not 100% sure about Nursing, then getting your Undergrad degree at UCD and then going the Accelerated BSN route after might be the best option.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity