right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

chance of getting into UC Davis

AflohiAflohi 3 replies3 threads New Member
Hey guys!
My dream school is Davis but I don't know if I can get in with my stats. What do you think"
So I currently have a 3.67 UC gpa and a 1500 SAT score
I play volleyball and run xc
I am the Co-president of MUN
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: chance of getting into UC Davis

• GoBears2023GoBears2023 Forum Champion Summer Programs 766 replies9 threads Forum Champion
    You should be fine with the SAT. However your UC gpa is quite low. I would ask @Gumbymom for the chances of getting in.
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30520 replies418 threads Forum Champion
    Intended major? Extenuating circumstances for a lower than average GPA? Do you go to a competitive HS? Did you get a supplemental?

Your excellent SAT score demonstrates you are a capable and competitive applicant. Your GPA will come into question so that is why I am asking the above questions. UC’s tend to be very GPA focused but will review your application as a whole.

I am posting some UC admit data below. Best of luck

2018 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79 capped weighted and not major specific:
    UCB: 1%
    UCLA: 2%
    UCSD: 7%
    UCSB: 8%
    UCI: 7%
    UCD: 14%
    UCSC: 33%
    UCR: 49%
    UCM: 82%

2018 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
    UCB: 4.23
    UCLA: 4.23
    UCSD: 4.16
    UCSB: 4.13
    UCI: 4.13
    UCD: 4.11
    UCSC: 3.96
    UCR: 3.81
    UCM: 3.71

2018 Data:
    25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:
    UCB: 1360-1540
    UCLA: 1340-1540
    UCSD: 1300-1520
    UCSB: 1270-1500
    UCD: 1220-1480
    UCI: 1230-1490
    UCSC: 1210-1450
    UCR: 1130-1380
    UCM: 1020-1280
    · Reply · Share
  • AflohiAflohi 3 replies3 threads New Member
    Intended major: international relations or poly sci. My lower gpa is mostly cuz of my gpa cuz I suffered from depression after a family membr died. I go to a pretty competitive high school. Weighted gpa: 4.11
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30520 replies418 threads Forum Champion
    Did you address your grade drop in one of your personal insight essays?
    · Reply · Share
  • AflohiAflohi 3 replies3 threads New Member
    I am still a junior so I will do that when I fill out college apps. I am hoping for a 4.0 this semester tho so lets see...
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity