right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UC Davis waitlisted(Class of 2024- What are my chances and what should I say in the essay

megannlnmegannln 1 replies3 threads New Member
So I applied to Davis under undeclared-humanities major and I got waitlisted. I wasn't even expecting to get in at all but now that I have gotten waitlisted I really want to go, I would say its my top choice and I will definitely go there if admitted. I was just wondering what the chances are if admitted based on my statistics and major. I am going to say in my essay that I want to go into the design major
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UC Davis waitlisted(Class of 2024- What are my chances and what should I say in the essay

• megannlnmegannln 1 replies3 threads New Member
    I also got a 23 on my ACT and I am a white female. I also want to try out for their a capella groups, I that something good I should include?
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30286 replies383 threads Forum Champion
    edited March 29
    No one can chance you for the waitlist, since it will depend upon how many students enroll by May 1.

Here are the Waitlist numbers for 2019:

Waitlist offers: 10,641
    Waitlist opt-ins: 3,458
    Waitlist admits: 1,971

2018 Waitlist stats:
    # of applicants offered Waitlist: 9213
    # of applicants accepting Waitlist: 3207
    # of applicants admitted off Waitlist: 24
    edited March 29
    · Reply · Share