right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Which Animal Science major should i apply for if I want to eventually get a VMD?

DX_PsychoDX_Psycho 56 replies24 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
Davis has like Animal Sciences major and then Animal Biology and Animal Science & Management or something.

which one do you think I should choose If i want to become a vet eventually?
edited May 2007
4 replies
Post edited by DX_Psycho on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Which Animal Science major should i apply for if I want to eventually get a VMD?

• kidsdadkidsdad 66 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    I think you want a DVM. The major doesn't matter, but animal science shows that you have a professional interest in animals.
    · Reply · Share
  • WeirdhoboWeirdhobo 558 replies35 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 593 Member
    So which major is better to take for students looking to become a veterinarian? The UC Davis site described both fields to be for future veterinarians ...
    · Reply · Share
  • UC DavisUC Davis 1189 replies7 discussionsCollege Rep Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    We are told in the Undergraduate Admissions office that the major is not a factor that is considered when reviewing a student for admissions to the School of Veterinary Medicine. You may obtain your degree in any area including history or art studio and be eligible for the DVM program. Just be sure you will also complete the admissions requirements for the professional program as well as your major graduation requirements.
    · Reply · Share
  • gbesqgbesq 1707 replies72 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,779 Senior Member
    UCD is correct. It doesn't matter what your major is as long as you've met the undergraduate course prerequisites for the particular vet school in which you are interested. That being said, many vet school applicants complete undergraduate majors in animal science, biology or zoology.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity