right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Did UCD Overaccept last year?

CalTech04CalTech04 350 replies91 discussions- Posts: 441 Member
Their acceptance rate jumped 15% in one year? Is it going to be harder for students this year?
edited November 2006
4 replies
Post edited by CalTech04 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Did UCD Overaccept last year?

• megathundermegathunder 924 replies90 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,014 Senior Member
    Well, we're expanding so I guess they must have tried to bring in a bigger class but I guess they overshot their expectations..

[EDIT] I didn't answer your question: Yes, it will be harder to get in this year as compared to last year because the acceptance committee will most likely be a little more cautious this year..
    · Reply · Share
  • BmbmastaBmbmasta 180 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 182 Junior Member
    Ya, but only for the borderline people.
    · Reply · Share
  • nillo_joenillo_joe 56 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    More people accepted UCD's offer of admission. Admission this year could be harder, to compensate for the over-enrollment last year. good luck
    · Reply · Share
  • Jeopardy_FanJeopardy_Fan 115 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    In my opinion, UCD did an excellent job handling the overflow of students. I haven't felt the effects of overcrowding at all.

Slowly, the class of 2010 is shrinking to normal size and I don't think UCD will be that much more selective than they were last year. Maybe 50% acceptance?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity