Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Dorm questions

OverworkedMomOverworkedMom Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
Which of the dorms are the all female building? Also, which dorms have all female floors?

What are the benefits of a quad vs a standard room? Which do you prefer? Do the the separate bedrooms within the quad have a locking door? Which complex (Segundo or Tercero) has the most quads?

Thanks.
Post edited by OverworkedMom on

Replies to: Dorm questions

• musingmiyumusingmiyu Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    For the female question, they can be found on Daviswiki here:

http://daviswiki.org/Residence_Halls?action=show&redirect=Dorms

I would search for you, but I have a final tomorrow. :(
  • mr18359mr18359 Registered User Posts: 290 Junior Member
    In a quad there are I think 5 people? 2 Double rooms and 1 single room with a common space in the front area of each quad. I'm pretty sure the separate bedrooms have locking doors. I cannot be sure though because I live in a standard room in Segundo, Bixby. From what I have heard from friends in cuarto, they each have a locking door.

Neither Segundo or Tercero has quads. The quads are only in cuarto, the off campus freshman housing.
  • peanut_butterpeanut_butter Registered User Posts: 259 Junior Member
    does cuarto have any all girl floors?
  • OverworkedMomOverworkedMom Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    I called housing today and they told me the only all girls dorm is in Tercero.
  • peanut_butterpeanut_butter Registered User Posts: 259 Junior Member
    thanks overworkedMom...however does that mean that mean its the only dorm area with an all girls building or the only area with all girls floors?
  • OverworkedMomOverworkedMom Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Peanut_butter . . . From what housing said, Tercero is the only area that has an all girls building. I think both Segundo and Tercero have buildings with all girls floors. Not sure about Cuarto. Call housing to make sure. The girl was pretty friendly.
  • momotudymomotudy Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    Coed is much more fun than all girl or boy dorms =]
    i live in Tercero south right now, its way newer and cleaner than the all girl dorms
This discussion has been closed.