Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Urgent Financial Aid Questions

BabyBlueBabyBlue Registered User Posts: 674 Member
1. In the 'Statement' that you have to agree to (on the Davis financial aid site), it states:
unreported outside resources may result in loss of funding and a bill to student.

What does the aforementioned statement actually refer to? Like scholarships? I am not sure what exactly they want. Also, by how much will this change your financial aid for the upcoming year?

2.What exactly is loan 'counseling'? On the Davis Financial Aid website, it states that you have to do some sort of counseling if you accept a loan. Would anyone care to explain what that is, and if there's a way out of it?

3. Since we got to choose our housing, and our meal plan, when will we get to see our final total that we will have to pay for the year?

Thank you for your help!
Post edited by BabyBlue on

Replies to: Urgent Financial Aid Questions

• BmbmastaBmbmasta Registered User Posts: 182 Junior Member
    It would be better to call the financial aid office than to ask people here.
  • BabyBlueBabyBlue Registered User Posts: 674 Member
    Will do Bmbmasta, but sometimes no one picks up. I also would e-mail them, but they take forever to respond back. I will try to call them again.

Thanks anyway!
  • BmbmastaBmbmasta Registered User Posts: 182 Junior Member
    Trying calling from 9am to 4pm PST....there is always someone there.
  • cyclone2007cyclone2007 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    Loan counseling is done online...there are several links on the Financial Aid page that will take you there (though it is moderately confusing). The whole process took me about 1 1/2 hours two months ago...but it would be nice if the directions on the site were a bit less vague. The Fin Aid total cost estimate won't be updated at this point, but it's not hard to calculate your own:

cost of meal plan/housing contract you have chosen
    plus other estimated expenses as given on Fin Aid page
    minus scholarships, grants, loans, etc.
    equals your total cost (roughly)

I'm not totally sure about "unreported assets," though--I would keep calling the Fin Aid office...
  • BabyBlueBabyBlue Registered User Posts: 674 Member
    Thank you for your help you guys! It is much appreciated. :)
This discussion has been closed.