Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Summer Advising

peanut_butterpeanut_butter Registered User Posts: 259 Junior Member
should parents go?
my mom doesnt think she will really need to attend all those lectures and stuff. is it ok if i attend the full program by myself? im kinda nervous about it, i dont really know what to expect. also i will be going with group 07 july 29-31...
anyone else??
Post edited by peanut_butter on

Replies to: Summer Advising

• BabyBlueBabyBlue Registered User Posts: 674 Member
    What is 'Summer Advising'?
  • cyclone2007cyclone2007 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    How might one opt out of certain placement exams during summer advising? Does a 4/6 on the Calc. AP Exam and a 5 on both AP English Exams allow one to skip the English and Pre Calc tests administered during orientation?
    Thanks...
  • fooshyfooshy - Posts: 373 Member
    i went without my parents and im still alive here... i think most of the programs are "coping with your child moving out" type stuff.

summer advising is when you have orientation for UC Davis. you register for classes, take placement exams, etc.

you need to submit your placement scores to the registrar, and make sure that they fulfill the requirement. sometimes AP scores cannot fulfill a placement requirement, so you need to double-check that they do.

- fooshy
  • UC DavisUC Davis College Rep Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    As of Summer 20056 Summer Advising was renamed to Orientation so you might be aware of the program under its new name.
  • cyclone2007cyclone2007 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    UCD Admissions--do you know the guidelines for opting out of summer placement exams? The Orientation website is a bit vague on this topic...

Thanks!
  • BabyBlueBabyBlue Registered User Posts: 674 Member
    Is Orientation Day pretty crowded? Also, is it any fun? Is it a good time to make new friends? Or is it one of those events when you meet a couple of people, but never see them again? lol...
  • fooshyfooshy - Posts: 373 Member
    Depends. If the people you meet are in your dorm building later on, then you can keep in touch. The people I met all lived in different buildings from me, so I rarely saw them. Almost all the friends I made were in my dorm building.

- fooshy
This discussion has been closed.