right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

NPB vs Bio Sci Major

peanut_butterpeanut_butter 211 replies48 threads Junior Member
I was looking at the requirements for both these majors and from what i saw their prep course work is exactly the same but once you get into the depth requirements it changes quite a bit.

I'm not really sure what NPB would be, but it seems really interesting compared to Bio Sci. I know both majors will be pretty difficult but if anyone knows anything about the majors i would really like the insight.
edited June 2007
4 replies
Post edited by peanut_butter on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: NPB vs Bio Sci Major

• fooshyfooshy - 362 replies10 threads Member
    It's the same for all bio related majors, the prep course work is very similar. NPB include both NPB and Excercise Biology. The registrar's course catalog describes each major and career choices pretty well...

http://registrar.ucdavis.edu/UCDWebCatalog/programs/NPB/NPBprg.html

- fooshy
    · Reply · Share
  • peanut_butterpeanut_butter 211 replies48 threads Junior Member
    thanks fooshy

is there anybody in these majors that would give me some insight. There are a lot of sciences classes, so wouldnt this basically mean you would have to double up on them. Is this like going through hell or is it manageable if you have good study skills and are dedicated to your work?
    · Reply · Share
  • fooshyfooshy - 362 replies10 threads Member
    Well as a science major, I can tell you that it's not "a lot" of science classes, and the amount you take for NPB is very similar to Genetics. All bio sci majors pretty much take the same prep subject material, and most people do chem and math frosh year, bio and ochem soph year. You do double up on classes a lot. Personally, because I transferred from PoliSci, I'm going to be cramming ochem into summer sessions and such, but mostly it'll be 2 science classes/quarter plus 2 of whatever class you wanna take. =)

- fooshy
    · Reply · Share
  • peanut_butterpeanut_butter 211 replies48 threads Junior Member
    cool thanks, that doesnt sound to bad =)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity