Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Question for UCDAdmissions

dmissiondmission Registered User Posts: 1,365 Senior Member
I sent my app. on Nov 28th or so... then I emailed a couple days ago and requested my major be changed. They said it would be in when they got my app... but I checked the UC status today and it still has my old major... is this normal?

Thanks very much!

Dmission
Post edited by dmission on

Replies to: Question for UCDAdmissions

• PearlinthemistPearlinthemist Registered User Posts: 697 Member
    I'm not ucdadmissions but...

You can change your major AFTER you get accepted with little to no trouble so unless you're freaked out that your old major will prevent you from getting accepted then don't worry about it.
  • PhoobahPhoobah Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    what kind of high school senior gpa do you have to maintain to say eligible at ucd? is it weighted or unwe.?
  • Relentless355Relentless355 Registered User Posts: 238 Junior Member
    If I recall correctly you just need a C or better in all your classes. This is very confusing as other UCs require a 3.0 (weighted or unweighted, I dunno) GPA.

It would probably be a good idea to maintain at least a 3.0 average, though.

I don't think you "stay eligible," either; you get your acceptance letter and then they boot you months later for bad grades if that is the case. A friend of mine last years failed Econ and was rescinded from UCSB. He goes to a CC now.
  • FeezFeez Registered User Posts: 842 Member
    I think it's 3.0 UNWEIGHTED for Berkeley and UCLA, and 3.0 WEIGHTED for the rest of the campuses.
  • UC DavisUC Davis College Rep Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    Dmission: UC Davis does not allow you to change your major after the November 30 filing deadline. If your request was received after the deadline date then your application will be reviewed under the original major. As stated by Peralinthemist, it is typically easy to change your major after completing one quarter at Davis depending on the major. Please make sure to work early on with your academic advisers if you want to change your major so you register for the correct courses.
  • dmissiondmission Registered User Posts: 1,365 Senior Member
    I sent it before the 30th and they said my app would be changed when they received it - I guess what I'm wondering is approx. how long it takes campuses to receive apps?

Thanks again,
    Dmission
    We typically receive it around the same time you receive your application confirmation letter. Although it might take some additional time for the campus to process the application and load it into campus system, so don’t be shocked if you call when you get your confirmation letter and campus still has no record of your application.
    Each campus should be sending you a separate confirmation letter letting you know they received your application; this is a for sure sign that your application has been received. If you do not receive confirmation by the end of January please contact the campus.
  • dmissiondmission Registered User Posts: 1,365 Senior Member
    Thank you!
    I should add that is will just be an e-mail letter, for UC Davis we are not sending out a paper letter and this might be true for other campuses as well. Please be sure to check your trash, spam or junk folders since our messages can sometimes be incorrectly filtered.
This discussion has been closed.