Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Question about on campus computer use

example_123example_123 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
I am in the process of choosing a laptop that will be used when I attend next fall, and one deciding feature of the laptop is whether it can support Adobe CS2 Photoshop use or not. So my question is concerning the use of the computers specifically on Davis campus that are equipt with Photoshop (I assume they use CS2 or 3) and whether or not I could get away with using them to edit my own photos, seeing as how it would never be as course work. I really don't want to have to spend $2000+ for a laptop when the resource is on campus already.
Thanks
Post edited by example_123 on

Replies to: Question about on campus computer use

• yaroldyarold Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    There are computer labs on campus that are equipped with CS3 in Meyer, Hart, and Hunt. These are computer classrooms that may be scheduled for instruction, but otherwise students are allowed to use the resources space permitting.
  • UC DavisUC Davis College Rep Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    This might help as well, it gives you an idea of what equipment and software is available in the various labs around campus:
    IET: Computer Rooms Page
  • example_123example_123 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    So my interpretation is that most if not all of the computers that have cs3 may not be available during specific times, but are never the less open to any student. Is this correct? However, it seems like the Media Labs are not reserved at all and are always open to all students. I am still a little unclear about this.

Thank you for the information; that website was exactly what I was looking for and somehow never found it on my own.
This discussion has been closed.