Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Freshman: AM I SETTING MYSELF UP FOR FAILURE?

eyesontheprizeeyesontheprize Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
To current/graduated Davis students: I need your help. I am majoring in Economics and need to get all As this quarter or else my parents won't pay the tutition. This is my schedule:

Asian American Studies - Wendy Ho
Principles of Microeconomics - L Helms
Physiology of Aging - Erwin Bauista
Elementary Statistics - Jennifer Esp

My questions are (1) Is this a good load of work? (2) Is it possible to get all As with this schedule? (3) If not, which classes should I drop/add? (4) Is Phys. of Aging a relatively interesting/easy science class? (5) If you have taken ANY of these classes or know anyone that did, can you write a brief description about your/his or her experience?

If this helps, I am terrible at science, but very good at writing. I have a terrible memory, but I am an extremely hard-worker. I would like to have some time to settle down and adjust, but at the same I don't want to have TOO much free time. My goal is to have a challenging yet not overwhelming courseload. (I want to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night....)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Post edited by eyesontheprize on

Replies to: Freshman: AM I SETTING MYSELF UP FOR FAILURE?

• Art is MelodicArt is Melodic Registered User Posts: 355 Member
    Why all A's, your parents are interesting people. Did they go to college?

well the bottom line is, its up to you. We don't know how bright your are, or how good you are when it comes to school. Are you a freshmen?

And I take it you chose a UC because you believe you can handle the work of one of the top universities, right? If you are there because you want the challenge you should do fine.

If you are there simply based off a name then... enjoy the UC davis shirt.
  • eyesontheprizeeyesontheprize Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I just want to make sure everything goes well in my freshman year. Has nothing to do with names.
  • Art is MelodicArt is Melodic Registered User Posts: 355 Member
    if you have good study habits, and have your priorities straight you will be fine.
  • Cali TrumpetCali Trumpet Registered User Posts: 1,607 Senior Member
    Maybe you should talk to your parents about the % of students who get a 4.0 their first quarter of college. It is not much, I can tell you that. This is an incredibly unreasonable demand of your parents.

To answer your question, none of those classes seem very hard. I think someone who worked hard could pull off b+'s and A's in all of those classes. Just a warning... you might not have much of a life if you are always worried about acing all of your exams.
This discussion has been closed.